Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Container Animation




The Project

For this project we designed a label for a fictional product and created it in Photoshop. Next, we modeled a container for the label to go on and applied the label we created as a texture. After adding lighting our final step was to animate the container spinning around so you can fully see the label. The label I created was for a can of candy called The Candy Man Can. I also modeled some little candies for the inside of the container.

What I Learned

During this project I learned how to use the Cylindrical Mapping tool which helped me to apply the label without the design getting stretched out and repeated unnecessarily. I also learned that design is a very big part of animation an they often come together. It was a lot of fun to make a fictional product and get to create it and make it look real! I hope that we will continue to learn more abut textures, color mapping and bump mapping in the next projects because it is really cool to make objects that look like that could be in the real world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment